We Have Painted The White House Black !!!

It is 11: 28 and I am standing in the heart of Manhattan's Times Square, looking up at the big screen seimen television. Alrite, I'm lying like the rug my foot is rested on....lol... I'm sitting on the sofa flipping through every news channel waiting for the announcement of the rightful winner to claim what history believed will never occur. " ...and the new president of the United States of America is John(YEA OK!!) Barack Obama! Immediately hearing this news of "change" and "Hope", my close friend and I are on our feet overwhelmed with emotion. No words, no sounds but that of the Tv and the screams of jubilation ongoing outside of my friend's Long Island home. History has we've known it has yet again changed. We can all but hope for a bright future filled with triumph and prosperity.

A Step Down Memory Lane:

"I remember when I was young, about the age of 11. My Mom bought these two well designed laminated posters, one of which was of the multiplication table the other of each and every United States resident and a brief description. I remember all the faces on that poster. All of old Caucasian men, with big smiles , and their well tailored attires, and then i think to myself, imagining the image of Barack Obama on that poster being recognized as the 44th president of the United States Of America. Look how far we've come.!!"


Author : Marz À La Mode is here to showcase all things Wavy.

Article We Have Painted The White House Black !!! is published by Marz 0 Comment:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment