@Never12Brag Presents:Top 10 Greatest @MyFabolousLife Verses & "Soul Tape II"

Brooklyn's own John Jackson (otherwise known as Fabolous) is one of the most underrated rappers of our generation in this day and age in my opinion. With witty metaphors, great lyrics, a savvy flow, and precise punchlines it's almost crazy how someone wouldn't mention Fab in their top 10 at any given time. His mainstream debut was on September 11, 2001 with his album "Ghetto Fabolous" and even now a decade later he still remains relevant to the rap game with the anticipation of his latest mixtape "The Soul Tape II". Here are my own personal Top 10 Fab Verses, where I feel his status as Top 10 best rappers is reputable.
10. Can't Deny It
You can't have any Top 10 without some vintage Loso, it's only right.
"The kid pull the 4 out a lil' quicker/You might end up the reason ya homies will have to pour out a lil' liquor/Every stack that I draws out a lil' thicker/I get brain kick the whores out a lil' quicker"

9. So Into You
Most singles get watered down from excessive radio spins but when you really listen to the lyrics of songs such as this one you have to respect where he was coming from.
"My friends be thinking I'm slipping/These girls be thinking/I'm tripping/What kinda weed you be smoking/What typa drinks you be sipping/Sweet thing just to think of you dipping/Would have me with the blues so hard you would think I was cripping"

8. This is Family
Just a great collaboration all together, everyone did their thing on this one.
"We gon' do this liar harm/While his crying moms watch/Last seen in Brooklyn they found him by a Bronx lot/Rifle from the roof, yeah we got him by a long shot"

7. Jokes on You
The whole concept of the song was genius from the metaphors & similes to the various plays on words. Very solid track.
"You want BET, only if it's Comic View/I promise you/I'm funny style, I could be a comic too"

6. Unfuckwitable
Dope, perfect mix tape track in all aspects.
"I ain't feeling Niggaz, I ain't that sentimental/I got no words for em', let's just keep it instrumental/I put it down where I stay word to incidental & guess who opened the door you Niggaz entered in through"

5. Suicide
This song is definitely on any and every Fab fan's Top 10. Tracks like this just made TiNC1 a classic mix tape.
"How you want it in ya abdomen or back/Cause enemies poke ya from the front friends stab ya in the back/Same Niggaz tryna collab ya on the track will turn right around & try to crab you on a Smack"

4. Trade It All Pt.2
Instant hit, even Pt.1 was good. Pt.2 was just a more commercial beat.
"But girl they could make a perfume from the scent of you/I wanna take you where it feel like June in December too/So what you think about Cancun til' the Winter boo"

3. I Miss My Love
This is the art of storytelling at it's best. Fab definitely showed his ability to be a versatile artist and not just a punchline rapper with no substance behind his verses.
"He you said the type I usually don't invite in but since we got a like friend I could get you like 10 I told him I could move like 10 by nights end put the white over the plate like I'm throwing strikes in"

2. Leaving You
Classic Soul Tape lyrics, this one was just the most favorable of all of them to me.
"Other time I call it how I see it/I won't give you the title if you don't know how to be it/Which proves I love it when the shits smooth but show ya ass to you Nigga, that's a Bitch move"

1. Breathe
This song was the complete package of flow & lyrics on a crazy beat.
"It's slick metaphors and hard punches on the cuts/Feels something like hard punches to the gut/How I address the haters and under-estimators/And ride up on em' like they escalators"

Author : MartyaLaMode À La Mode is here to showcase all things Wavy.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment