Top 10 @Mr_Camron Verses

Cam'ron a.k.a Killa Cam a.k.a King Jaffe Joe a.k.a Spacely Sprockets has had many classic verses & songs but with this new section on À La Mode I'm bringing to you the "Top 10 Killa Cam Verses". I took a lot of time out to figure out this list from memorized Cam verses to actually going through over 13 solo Cam projects to 23 Diplomats projects. After this "Top 10 Verses" list, expect to see a few more Top 10's of other artists.

10. Get Em' Girl
Cam's verse on "Get Em' Girls" HAD to make this list for the simple fact that it's one of his most popular if not THE most popular verses he's done, whether it be because people make fun of it or because they realize how great it actually was.
"I get the boosters boosting, I get computers puting/Y'all get shot at, call me I do the shooting/ I do the recruiting/ I tutor the students/ I nurture their brain/ I'm moving the movement"

9. Get Em' Daddy Remix
Killa's verse on the "Get Em' Daddy Remix" is here for a few reasons, the first being that after he got shot in DC during a carjacking for his blue Lamborghini this man went to record this record & shot a video in a cast with a plethora of chains. Cam flamboyantly swagged out this record letting everyone know that the robbery attempt was light & would only have him go harder. *Pause* 
"I'm Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bob Backlund, Paul Akin/ Ha ha who they think they carjacking/ You dump then dump/ I slumped and I slump/ They mad cause my car's like an elephant the trunk in the front"
8. Certified Gangstaz 
When DipSet was steady going from coast to coast expanding their audience, and relations with other street rappers at the time they were a powerhouse. Jim Jones recruited Game & Lil' Flip for his "Certified Gangstaz" record but Lil' Flip wasn't around for the video which resulted in Spacely Sprockets delivering another yet slept on verse due to his rhyme schemes.
"We put the lasers on glocks/ Razors or ox/ As I lay in the drop/ Pump the base on the poc/ Move the H on our block, in front of H&R block/ See the face on our watch/ 
Put your face on our cock"

7. Losing Weight 2
King Jaffe had a few classics on his first Roc-A-Fella album "Come Home With Me", and he had a young Juelz Santana help him out on this one but Cam's verse was straight gutter and reminiscent to his S.D.E album style.
"When it comes to beef it becomes a talent/ Remember me ODB, I'm the one from Violence/ 
Digital ten, shit get critical friend/ I got 800 invisible men/ 
That mean it could be the bank man/ Person at the gas station filling up your tank fam/ 
Lady at the frank stand, will rat poison your relish right in the center babe/ 
Bitch is a renegade/ She'll piss in your lemonade"

6. It's Goin' Down 
We saw Cam respond to subliminal jabs thrown at him by Jay-z on this remix to Yung Joc's "It's Goin' Down" single, which stemmed the assault everyone had on Jay-z fashion sense. 
"You shy!?, he snorting raw/ or they reported wrong/ My paper long/ I'll be on any resort you're on"

 5a. Come Home With Me Intro
 Cam set off the intro to his album "Come Home With Me" in classic Harlem fashion, and kept it street with his mixtape style incorporation of DJ Kay Slay.
"Yo I advise you to step son, fore I f*ck your moms & make you my step son
5b. Down & Out
 Down & Out made this list because I felt like I just couldn't leave it off the list. The way Cam flowed on this beat speaks for itself, and anybody that can fluently talk about cooking up in the kitchen while referencing Bill Cosby is great.
"I got brought up with crooking/ Kitchen orders that I'm cooking/ but got caught up with the jooks you woulda thought I was from Brooklyn/ It gets boring just looking/ Did like Bill Cosby, pouring in the pudding"

 
4. No No No Remix
 All I'm going to say here is that Cam's wordplay, and schemes threw A LOT of people off back around 05' when this record dropped. As soon as the song started & the man said "Doggy I seldom stunt" he didn't care what anyone thought, he was just going to turn his aura up & go banoodles.
"So you should tell a friend, to tell a friend, to tell a B*tch/ Tele-a-thon, telescope, televise, can tell I'm rich/ Cause I sell my bricks, call hoes poultry, chickens that smell like fish B*tch" 

3. 357
 357 is the first song I ever memorized from Cam, and is the same record that made me a fan.
"Light this herb/ don't mean to disturb/ Never been to Sesame Street but I flip a big bird/ and I know stealers but they not Pittsburgh/ No kids rapping or ostriches/
Just kidnapping & hostages
2. Takeover Freestyle
When Cam first signed to Roc-A-Fella , he caused an uproar. A lot of people were surprised that he somehow got out of his deal with Sony, and had his manager Dame Dash bring him over to the empire that the Roc was. Killa Cam was on a rampage & this freestyle was greatness, as he boastfully flowed over Jay-z "Takeover" instrumental and talking about his Sony situation.
"Cause I signed to the Roc man, don't suck d*ck now, Dame looked out I signed a gem/ It's all creme de la creme/ Now run tell a friend/ Cats say how I get out my deal/ Dawg I pull out my steel/ I'm bout it for real/ I ran in the Sony building/ Smacked grown folks around like they were only children"
1. My Block Freestyle
This one is so great that it speaks for itself, King Jaffe rapped for us live on television in a Pink Coogi & a Pick bucket hat all while counting money. Just watch the video & recognize greatness when you see it. The audio version of the full freestyle is also below since Cam was cut off on Rap City & didn't get to finish.

"Ayo look dog, I bought villa/ Stayed in resorts scrilla/ How extort Killa!?/ I extort killas/ Man I caught killas/ disarmed fought killas/ Cat frontin', caught killas/ Who more realer weed on a four wheeler/ F Mike, til you seen me never saw Thriller/ Fishcale to scales, raw dealer/ Dirty whore want me to go raw will ya!?/ Smart Pisces fresh from the Archdiocese's/ You got heart fight me/ I'll dearly depart wifey/ I'm Anfernee I do things the Hardaway/ Pardon me, Escalade, marmalade, mama stay/ Send wolves where the stars'll play/ Nothing to do cop a car today/ Color Pink Chardonnay/ And I'll clap at ya man, clap the clappers, clap on clap off, clap at his hands/ Only thing he ever clapped was his hands/ He'll get butt raped, duct taped the Michelin man, bastard get in the van/ Listen to Cam maggot/ Get in this van listen to Cam maggot/ This is the land where you get frisked/ Risked/ Roped & shipped in the van/ Visits by fam/ I'm Mr. Era of the BMBB's/ I was ducking GMDC/ Had that scope aiming to light ya/ Seen all islands, Caymans to Riker's/ Contain/ Detain/ Maintain/ Complain/ The game is for lifers/ I don't care I put the flame in the fire/ Christian, Atheist, You pray to Elijah/ Don't play/ Okay, just pray I don't snipe ya/ Cause with the SK/ Doggy I'm OK, my AK was my AKA before my ABC's it had me A OK/ I'll show you how to net 2 million out ya deal/ For the right price, I could get you out ya deal/ Smack ya CEO that's when the tech is soaring/ 4 mil from Def Jam & I ain't sold a record for em'/ Don't worry though I'm bout to set a record for em'/ Them cats fronting!? I'm bout to set a message for em'/ I keep the gun in hand/ I'm the son of Sam/ Killa Cam bringing the Roc back to Summer Jam/ F a fifth or how to twist a B*tch/ But I'm tryna sell more pies than Mrs.Smith/ Not Adam Sandler but call me Big Daddy/ Cause when I'm warming up the cane it's big daddy/ I'm just jig daddy/ Me & mommy split daddy/ Not from M.I.A but call me Trick Daddy/ Only on myself I bought that big Caddy/ From Ivy wrist wrap me/ God don't let a B*tch trap me/ Cause then she swimming with villians/ Broke both rules, killed women & children/ For cats up in Sing Sing/ In the bing sing/ I send em' shine so they feel songs like Bling Bling"

Author : MartyaLaMode À La Mode is here to showcase all things Wavy.

Article Top 10 @Mr_Camron Verses is published by MartyaLaMode 5 Comment:
 

5 comments:

  1. Any beef I'll manage it me and three arabics/ Ali, Naseem on point like Pete Maravich/Abdul, Shareef, Raheem gave me wild data/ Lybia, Iraq, Iran, al-quaeda- Killa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought about it, know who tall remind me of?/ Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley,/ Karl Malone, John Stockton, /John Starks, Chris Webber,/ Reggie Miller homie you ain't winning shit never- Killa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruh!!!!!!! You so on point wit this list fam! There's some others we can argue should be up there, but Killa drops CLASSICS! 10 is 10, but he got 1,000 top 10 verses.

    "It could be the bank man/Person at the gas station fillin up ya tank fam/Lady at the Frank stand/..." ya'll know the rest. KILLA!

    ReplyDelete