Can't Be Contained Nor Controlled



I am sure that as I'm typing this up Stephy B & I are going to end up having a debate about this topic. 

In the past years I've seen a current trend (which I know we all see), 

but I'm going to say something about it. Is it me? 

Or all these rappers that talk about how they have the

 "shorties/biddies/females"(whatever they want to use at the moment) 

on lock but we see more books popping up. 

After Super Head hit the best sellers list (2006) with her, tell all story 

Confessions of a Video Vixen, every year we see more and more books arriving. 





Super Head went from being a video girl to messing with an onslaught (I refuse to sit here and name all the people) of entertainers. After all her countless “relations” she put out her book and was able to be interviewed by countless TV personalities while being able to sit down on the Oprah Winfrey Show. She says she was put through harsh treatments like stress, abuse, and grew from these stages to be a better and changed person. Even with this said we still see her going from entertainer to entertainer, and was able to put out a second book (which was #6 on The New York Times Best Seller List ahead of Bill Clinton’s book). Giving someone like Super Head as much attention as people did, allowed any woman who had a slightly interesting story about entertainers a shot at fame. Let us be honest here which woman wouldn’t want to be called a critically acclaimed author, and be on Oprah’s couch.




Nas' baby mother followed in the footsteps of Super Head in the same year releasing her tell all story about her relations with Nas, Jay-z, and Allen Iverson in It's No Secret. Carmen Bryan worked for Capitol Records and Def Jam, and later had a baby for Nas. She claims Nas was cheating on her and during the rocky times of their relationship she did the same with Jay-z and Allen Iverson. I think this female was so hungry for money that she didn’t even think about the lasting effect the book could have on her daughter. The easiest way to color coat these situations and put yourself in the victim position is to paint a picture with words and emotions until people feel sympathetic for you. She even let people know she didn’t even know who the father of her child was when she was pregnant. While the not so public lyrical feud was going on between Memphis Bleek and Nas the Is That Your Chick Lost Verses(with Jay-z's second verse about Carmen) was released on Memphis Bleek’s second album The Understanding.

After the song surfaced Carmen, stated she had conversations with both Nas and Jay-z.

Pieces from her book show her conversation with Nas and Jay went as follows.

Conversation with Nas.

"Carm, is he talking about you?"

"What?"

"I keep hearing about this Memphis Bleek song with Jay-Z. It's supposed to be about you."

"What song?" I asked, as neutrally as possible.

"'Is That Your Chick.' Carm, it's getting harder and harder for me to ignore the rumors about you and this dude"

"They are just rumors, Nas." I put on what I hoped was a persuasively reasonable tone. "People talk. I put up with rumors about who you're supposed to be with all the time. Foxy, Beyoncè, Mary J. Every week they're saying it's someone new. You're just going to have to charge it to the game like I do."

 

Conversation with Jay-z (SC)

"Whatever, SC. You know damn well, what I'm talking about. ‘Is That Your Chick?' Does that song ring a bell?" I barked.
"Carm, you can't be serious. Listen to the song. In no way shape or form does my verse depict our relationship. Come on, Carm." He was such a cool liar.
"It is what it is." I said. "I thought I'd let you know. Nas is on a rampage and he already went up to your office looking for you."
"Nas ain't got it all and he's an emotional dude." For the first time since I'd known him, SC sounded worried. "And the niggas that follow behind him ain't got nothin' to live for."
"I know, SC, that's why I'm giving you the heads up."
"Carm, do you know what you just started?"
"What I started? SC, I don't rhyme! Hold up, SC, let me find out Nas got you under pressure." His tone changed that instant.
"Whatever, fuck it!" He said with a serious tone.
"You always said that what's done in the dark eventually comes to light." I responded.



During her book promotion, Carmen blames Jay-z for using her lifestyle against Nas and publicly revealing things about her during their battle.



The history of Carmen and Jay-z didn’t really hit public light until after Jay-z released Takeover and Nas’ Ether. Jay-z responded to Ether with a freestyle called Super Ugly that discussed his past with Carmen.
I Got Myself A Gun Freestyle(Explicit Nas Diss) - Jay-Z

After all this, she still manages to put out her book and play the complete victim role. I guess some woman are just so greedy that those big rap child support payments just aren’t good enough anymore huh?

Now we can expect a book from Lil' Wayne's baby mother, and Faith Evans also recently released one. Personally, I am tired of hearing about these books getting attention, but I actually have a small understanding of Faith's book. I set Faith aside from the other females since I guess many people still want to know about small things surrounding the times around B.I.G's death. In the book, she still denies doing anything with Pac but actually admits he advanced on her. After all these years now she actually admits something about the situation, and her affairs could it be coincidence that the B.I.G Notorious movie will be released?

 

I think these “Rap Artists” need to learn how to contain their baby mothers, and groupies. Now I’m not exactly condoning violence on them or anything but I think Cam said it best when referring to Nas.

Camron on Nas -


- Mr DoT{.} McFly

Author : MartyaLaMode À La Mode is here to showcase all things Wavy.

Article Can't Be Contained Nor Controlled is published by MartyaLaMode 0 Comment:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment