thrift.

Where do i start ? My friend John and I, were discussing clothes over lunch one day and I've come to realize we as a people pay ridiculous prices for simple things. I suppose the recession brought this to my attention or maybe the fact that I'm BROKE i can't really put my finger on it, but we came across the topic of thrift stores. "Big B" which i mentioned before is my mother, scolded me for wearing anyone else's clothes and even lending out mine so in a way i turned my cheek to thrift shopping for years. Oblivious to the fact that all thrift stores aren't the same nor is everything found in them used/worn. So after discussing some of John's great finds in a thrift store over on 14Th street in the lower east side of Manhattan i became curious. An one dollar scarf ? Anyone would want to take a look for themselves ! So i came home and asked my fashion forward brother about some thrift stores he may have known about, he told me that there were ones in Williamsburg, Brooklyn by the name of Beacon's Closet and Buffalo Exchange. I can write for hours about how much i loved my adventure and about how many things i found for GREAT prices but since im tired and have to wake up early for school I rather show you some things. Now in an article last week i posted a cardigan by Hellz Bellz which is going for about $70 i came across it in Buffalo Exchange and ran out of there with it for $15 now if that's not great then i don't know what is ! I also bought Vintage Air Maxes for $30, a shorts jumper for $25, a plaid button up for $11, a long cardigan for $20 that was going for $70 in Urban Outfitters, a sweater dress for $20 and cuffed denim shorts that i usually pair with tights and boots for $5 ! OK OK I'll quit bragging here's two pictures with me sporting my findings lol.




" HELLZ BELLZ CARDIGAN $15 "




" plaid button up $11 " oh yeah and my stink wife LOL

Author : Stephy.B À La Mode is here to showcase all things Wavy.

Article thrift. is published by Stephy.B 0 Comment:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment