The Music Within...

THE MUSIC WITHIN.
By: Jadore' Couture

"I met this girl, when I was ten years old And what I loved most she had so much soul
She was old school, when I was just a shorty
Never knew throughout my life she would be there for me
On the regular, not a church girl she was secular
Not about the money, no studs was mic checkin her
But I respected her, she hit me in the heart
A few new york niggaz, had did her in the park."
-Common ( I used to Love H.E.R.)[1994]


Growing up in the early 90's Hip Hop played a big role in many others even such as my own Lifestyle
I grew up listening to The Notorious BIG, 2PAC, Common, Lauryn hill && The fugees,
Qtip, jay z, Foxy brown, Mc Lyte, LLcoolJ, And Many others.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Hip hop Was like "that home away from home." When the beat dropped a certain uproar came over you; evidently many lyrics related to you, it was just you && the music.
Remembering Biggies Life After Death album which Replayed in about Everyones stereo lyrically i felt he mastered the game.
"There was this girl around the way that make cats drool
Her name's Drew, played fools out they money in pool
People swore we was fuckin but we was just cool
She used to hang while I slang my drugs after school.
"-Miss you (B.I.G)[1997]




Realistically && metaphorically hip hop related to everyone in a ceratiin way
there was a certain "phunk" back in the 90's when it came to music
Music was a form of art
a way for people to express thereselves
apparently Hip-Hop has lost its Meaning.
Music always came with a certain style.
Hip hop's style has also changed from 1994-2008
Remembering when Jay-z, Damon Dash & roca fella first released
Remembering the days Rocawear used to be socially cool; At one point Rocawear was what Everyone was wearing.

Photobucket

Just like Trends hip hop changes as well. The defintion of hip hop seems to change Every Year along with Its fashion statements. It is Rather Blatant that hip hop "Then" && Hip hop "Now" have two complete definitions.
Souljah Boy, Lil wayne, Gucci Man, Young Joc, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Cool Kids & Fabolous
All bring a different style of hip Hop to the Table, Some favored Most then others, they all have a unique way of exppressing there music
&& they all have a different type of "style" or Swagg as "you" would call it.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"And I'm back to tear it up
haters, start your engines
I hear 'em gearin' up
people talk so much shit about me at barbershops
they forget to get their haircut
OK fair enough, the streets is flarin' up'cause they want gun-talk,
or I don't wear enough"
-Kanye West(Everything Iam)[2007]
Photobucket


A few old School Artist are still Around Doing there thing Like Jay-z For instance He's still on top of the game. His music is still Americas favorite his style has changed from 1997 Jay-z To 2008 Shawn Carter. His music has always been " Something to Listen too" ; even thou his style has changed from His 1996 Reasonable Doubt Album to His 2007 American Gangster Album. He Continues to make Hits.
Photobucket
“They say a midget standing on a giant's shoulders can see much further than the giant. So I got the whole rap world on my shoulders, they trying to see further than I am.”-Jay Z

With that being said in todays young society Everyone has there own definition of hip hop and who are we to judge them? hip hop is a form of self expression a form of art . it is a gift that only a few will understand. and the only way you will be able to understand hip hop is if you find " the music within..."
ONLY YOU CAN DEFINE YOU OWN DEFINITON OF HIP HOP


FOR YOU ONLY KNOW THE " MUSIC WITHIN"


xSIGNEDXElmo




Author : Anonymous À La Mode is here to showcase all things Wavy.

Article The Music Within... is published by Anonymous 0 Comment:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment